Gardening Australia is seeking 2 x Field Producers.
Run of Show commencing early November for approximately 9 months
About the Role
ABC Television is looking for 2 experienced Field Producers to work on the new series of Gardening Australia. Working within the Producers team you will develop and deliver innovative gardening content for the 2018 season.
Gardening Australia provides practical, realistic, and credible horticultural and gardening advice, inspiring and entertaining all Australian gardeners around the nation. Presented by Australia’s leading horticultural experts, Gardening Australia is a valuable resource to all gardeners through the television program, magazine, books and extensive online content.
Applicants will be expected to:
• Report to the Series Producer and Executive Producer.
• Create, write, direct and produce innovative & entertaining gardening content.
• Generate original & engaging story ideas, identify and suggest relevant content for our target audience.
• Plan and manage stories & filming utilising ABC staff and resources mindfully, both to achieve delivery deadlines and within allocated budget.
• Direct field crews and post production team.
• Help generate and execute risk assessments for field shoots in conjunction with production staff. Cooperate with the ABC procedure and policy relating to safety.
• Ensure all aspects of Rights Management are acted upon eg: release forms including participant, location, stills, archive footage and music copyright & permits.
• Actively promote ABC values and apply all relevant workplace policies and guidelines.
• Have an understanding of ABC Editorial Policies as well as Corporate Equity and Diversity and OH&S policies and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to write, direct and produce stories and segments of a high production standard with an emphasis on accuracy.
• Proven experience working on a fast turnaround lifestyle/entertainment program.
• Preferably have a personal interest in horticulture and gardening
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all areas of the production process.
• Editing and self-shooting skills a bonus.
• Demonstrated experience in field production and directing talent.
• Highly organised and able to implement timelines and schedules.
• Have strong narrative skills and sound editorial judgement.
• Effective leadership, managerial and excellent communication skills. Be resourceful and have an ability to work independently.
• An awareness of and commitment to, innovation in a multiplatform content and delivery environment.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 November 2017