With the mixture of animation and post-production studios on site, this is the perfect role for someone creatively inclined who is willing to assist across the board. We are looking for someone who has a couple of years experience in an administration role and, preferably, has some experience or interest in production, who can jump straight and and truly make this job their own.
Located in South Melbourne.
Note: The successful applicant would be required to be available, at least part time, from late April.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Being first point of contact worldwide for XYZ and Crayon.
• Provide a reliable and effective point of contact for clients acting on requests immediately
• Greeting all clients and visitors, providing consistent and high quality client support and services for all needs
• Office Management duties such as answering phones, catering, maintaining studio kitchen and office supplies, maintaining and restocking all office supplies and technical equipment, gathering quotes and ordering new software and hardware as needed
• Administrative tasks such as maintaining and updating company databases and client information, vendor management, calendar and schedule management, arranging travel and accommodation for production needs, staff hours and entitlement tracking
• Production administration support as required across all companies
• Marketing and Public Relations, monitoring and updating online and social media presence, as well as putting together and sending promotional information and emails to select databases of clients or contacts
• Finance: invoice tracking, accounts reconciliation and management for EPs, assisting company accountants with bookkeeping in Xero
• Managing special projects
• Assist other staff members as required
• Overseeing any general studio maintenance and upkeep as needed
Skills required / preferred:
• Proficient computer literacy (iOS) including Office and Excel, preferred knowledge of In-Design, Photoshop, and the full Adobe suite
• Excellent client / customer service skills
• Pro-active in developing efficiencies and improvements
• High level communication skills and attention to detail
• Strong organisation skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and issues
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a close knit team
• Preferred experience in the advertising and/or film industry, base knowledge of production/post production processes and systems, interest in visual effects and animation processes
• Some experience with accounting software, and base knowledge of HTML coding would be advantageous, but not essential.
About The Companies
XYZ Animation Studios: Concentrating on animated campaigns for the television commercial arena with offices in South Melbourne and New York. A roster of seven Director’s in different locations around the world.
Crayon: Crayon is a boutique finishing studio with 3 suites and a full time Colourist on staff, Crayon concentrates on finishing Doco’s, TV series, Music Videos, Instillation and Commercials. Final Cut Pro for Editing, Resolve for Grading and Smoke for Finishing
Applications close 9 May 2019