Eureka has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced
PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT to join our team.
In this role, your daily duties will include, but not limited to:
Ensure completion of all facets of the fortnightly payroll system and oversee the role of the Accounts
Assistants for each show to ensure;
– all New Starter payroll paperwork is submitted to the Payroll Contractor;
– collate, check and submit all approved fortnightly timesheets to Payroll Contractor;
– track TIL;
– review and correct all payroll reports – approved hours worked, approved leave, approved
overtime, rates, ledger accounts from Payroll Contractor prior to payment;
– approval of all payroll reports is communicated to the Payroll Contractor, prior to cut-off,
upload & authorize aba bank files. Communicate request for co-authorisation of aba payroll
files to Corporate Accountant and Financial Controller.
CREW / ABN:
– Production Accountant to follow up any missing paperwork from suppliers and ensure
insurances are valid and in date.
– Prepare new vendor paperwork for accounts system.
– Chase any outstanding invoices (in consultation with PM) for crew who are yet to invoice.
PETTY CASH &; COMPANY DEBIT CARDS:
– Reconcile debit cards monthly and ensure funds available and petty cash is increased as
required to facilitate production.
– Ensure Accounts Assist manage petty cash floats. Ensure floats signed out correctly,
reconciled regularly and check coding, totals and oversee that this is uploaded into accounts
– Check debit card expenses, coding and totals and oversee that this is uploaded into system.
– Ensure Accounts Assist check that expenses are correct (mileage & toll forms added up
correctly, production staff can assist with this). Be the main point of contact for production
staff and these forms.
– Oversee that this is uploaded into the accounts system.
– Initial set up of Chart of Accounts in conjunction with Eclipse Accounting staff;
– Advise PO authority levels and ensure set up of PO system with Eclipse Accounting staff;
– Process all journals – production funding, reclassifications, corrections, BAS, IAS and Payroll
– Bank reconciliations for all transaction accounts weekly, debit cards monthly;
– Roll periods after all journals processed for the month, on advice of Corporate Accountant.
– Distribute detailed general ledger to Production Managers and request they check for any
coding errors or duplicate PO’s and highlight the same for reclassification/correction then
process the same;
– Liaise with Corp. to check monthly internal recharges/overheads are costed to cost report
– Assist Production Manager to finalise cost report, update ETCs/EFC’S in Eclipse and review
and correct any errors.
– Update Fringes Worksheet with revised EFC’s and insert updated fringes into Cost Report;
– Distribute Cost Report to Head of Production and Financial Controller;
– Cost reporting to be done with Production Manger every fortnight;
– Ensure TIL is reviewed regularly in conjunction with the Production Manager and cleared out
for FINAL cost report;
– Ensure Holiday Pay Accrual on Balance Sheet is cleared out – either paid or reversed at
FINAL cost report.
TROUBLE SHOOTING / ENQUIRIES:
– Handle any production staff payroll and AP enquiries and/or suppliers chasing payment.
– Prepare Responses to Audit Questionnaires, with assistance of Production Manager, for
review by Financial Controller;
– Prepare Provisional Certificate Applications, with assistance of Production Manager, for
review by Financial Controller;
– Prepare Final Certificate Applications, with assistance of Production Manager, for review by
– Assist the Financial Controller in answering questions from the auditor and governing
bodies, in relation to the abovementioned applications.
The successful candidate will have exceptional organisational skills, amazing attention to detail, be
pro-active and a confident communicator. You will enjoy working as part of a team and have a
genuine passion for the media industry.
Candidates will ideally have experience in using the accounting software- ‘Eclipse’ and excellent
ROLE TO COMMENCE ASAP, 12-MONTH CONTRACT
Applications close COB Sunday 24 th March.