Cracking job going at Supercars. ASAP start! Full time with some domestic travel.
What is Supercars?
Supercars is widely regarded as one of the best and most entertaining motorsport categories in the world. We are the third most attended and fourth most watched sport in Australia; and growing at a rapid pace.
We continue to evolve, driven by the passion of our fans as well as the strong desire to continue to grow. To grow our reach, attendance, our audience and our fan base. Our truly national footprint covers the entire country with races in each state and the Northern Territory across the year.
It is an exciting time to be a member of the Supercars team, as we continue to grow as one of
the leaders in Australian sport. Our culture supports high performance and is characterised by
our values, which foster a team who are:
• Relentlessly Progressive
• Teamwork focussed
Supercars is continually looking to grow its news and digital reach.
A videographer role is available in this fast-paced sport to expand the news and digital reach
of the category.
With remarkable growth in video consumption across Supercars platforms and an extensive
footage archive this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic shooter and editor to
produce a broad range of content.
As the videographer you will work in-house with the digital and communications teams to
deliver high quality video content for a variety of purposes, primarily for online consumption
and distribution to media outlets.
The successful applicant will be a creative individual with proven video shooting and editing
• Film and edit video content for Supercars digital platforms
• Film and edit video news releases with direction from the communications department
• Assist digital team to conduct live web based streams
• Assist with idea generation in line with digital content plans
• Interpret and deliver on production briefs as requested
• Liaise with the internal television department to source vision to complete bodies of work
• Manage uploading and logging of produced content to content management systems
• Other video and editing tasks as required
• Digital Team
• Communications Team
• Television Team
• Race Teams and Drivers
• Tertiary education in the field of media production
• Minimum three years’ experience working in an editing, video camera operating and/or
multimedia producer role.
• Substantial experience in digital video editing and production for multiple platforms
• Extensive knowledge of modern editing and creative software such as Premiere Pro,
After Effects and Photoshop.
• Strong understanding of production elements including video capture, audio capture
• A thorough knowledge of and interest of the Supercars Championship
• Experience with Avid Media Composer and IP Director is highly desirable.
• Documented experience in professional camera operation including recording formats,
media storage and audio inputs/outputs.
• Ability to edit and produce Video News Releases (VNRs), live footage and video grabs
quickly, proficiently and to a high standard.
• A strong understanding of newsroom requirements.
• Experience working within an editorial and/or digital media team.
• Experience in a sports/entertainment business is highly desirable.
And you’ll be:
• A strong team player
• Friendly and professional
• Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
• A problem solver
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work