Nickelodeon, the world’s leading network just for kids, has a rare opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our award winning Production and Creative Services team on a casual contract.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior designer with at least 1 – 2 years’ experience and flair for bold, eye-popping design. Taking direction from our In House Graphic Designer, this is a fantastic way to learn and apply your creative skills to a range of design opportunities across digital, social, print and PowerPoint. We are a full service team, supporting Marketing, Communications, Consumer Products and Digital so there’s no shortage of opportunities to work on a variety of design projects!
As part of your role you will support the Production and Creative Services team with various design tasks including but not limited to:
• Responding to design briefs as specified by our In-House Graphic Designer which could include invitations, flyers, merchandise, signage, digital assets for web and social as well as PowerPoint templates;
• Designing and updating of recurring marketing material including digital / social assets, posters, print advertising and email signatures;
• Resizing existing artwork to fit new specs, including minor amendments and photo manipulation;
• Following brand guidelines and style guides; and
• Proof reading own work and ensuring high quality delivery.
The successful candidate will match the following criteria:
• Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in Graphic Design.
• Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design or related field.
• Ability to design for digital and print, including understanding of technical requirements and content delivery.
• Strong copy writing skills and eye for detail.
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Word)
• Exceptional time management, communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to take direction from our In-House Graphic Designer to achieve results on brand.
• Be able to work in a team environment with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to deliver to brief specifications and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Maturity to undertake feedback positively and see the big picture on any brief.
This role will suit a junior designer who is a big kid at heart and has a passion for Nick content. We are after someone who is diligent with an eye for detail and is able to deliver on brand.
*Please note this is a casual position.
Applications close 20th Feb 2017.