The Project is looking for freelance Associate Producers available in a casual / backfill capacity. This is a rare opportunity to join our award winning Prime Time show on Network Ten. You will have a unique combination of TV Journalism experience, the ability to chase talent while excelling in a high-pressure time-sensitive environment, as well as a strong working knowledge of current social and political issues.
The role requires (but is not limited to):
· Comprehensively research subjects utilising primary (e.g. interviews and documentary evidence) and secondary sources (e.g. news media and internet);
· Source talent
· Write interview questions and brief on-screen talent (where appropriate)
· Conduct pre-interviews
· Oversee the post production process, including transcribing of interviews, writing story scripts, recording guide voice overs and overseeing the edit process from start to finish.
· Provide editors and motion graphics staff with vision, audio and comprehensive editing notes ensuring editorial concept is realised
· Prepare & obtain talent/on camera releases where required, paying particular attention to child releases and legislation
· Confirm clearances have been obtained for vision, still images and audio prior to incorporation in any material for transmission
· Produce recorded items/segments from existing media and original content
· Obtain media from multiple sources external to the Network
· Ensure consistency of production quality and substance of content
· Have a basic understanding of media laws and ethics
· Have a basic understanding of potential legal issues on a story by story basis
· Ensure all facts are thoroughly checked, legalled and of a professional standard
· To advise the classification and legal advisers of the show of any relevant issues arising and to implement their advice
Applications close on Friday 17th March.