Daily Editor required for new ABC2 Show.
1. Under the direction of the editorial team edit content as required to meet program deadlines.
2. Ensure that at required technical and editorial standards are met.
3. Work creatively to conceptualise and execute original content in partnership with the writing team.
4. Work closely with the Daily Show production team to ensure that all segments are edited to meet the daily on-air requirements of the program.
5. Provide content for online and social media platforms as required, and publish same.
6. Work collaboratively within the team and contribute to the overall program look and feel.
7. Embrace a culture of experimentation, and a build, measure, learn approach to video content and social media.
8. Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant workplace policies and guidelines.
9. All ABC staff are required to cooperate with any reasonable instruction, procedure or policy relating to safety, and take reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their conduct while at work. Additional WHS responsibilities apply to Managers and Supervisors, Divisional Directors and Other Officers.
1. Ability to edit content that is editorially appropriate and technically correct to deadline.
2. A predisposition which is creative, collaborative, self-aware and calm under pressure.
3. An ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels, and to present and discuss materials with confidence.
4. A clear passion for TV content in general, and thorough knowledge and interest in ABC TV’s output.
5. Advanced Premiere Pro knowledge and post-workflow understanding a must.
6. Demonstrable skills and experience in social media content creation and distribution.
7. Demonstrable understanding of social media and 3rd party platforms, and their role and value in media contexts.
8. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC’s aims, values and workplace policies.