The Editors is a boutique company specialising in the craft of editing and finishing, servicing the advertising, film, and music industries. We are on the look-out for a full time multi-skilled individual to join our expanding eclectic family in our Sydney office.
As a small, but high-end company, this position is the perfect role for an individual with at least a year of prior experience in the film, tv, post production, or related media industries. This role is the perfect launchpad for future career growth for committed candidates, and will suit either a junior production assistant looking for more experience in post production or front of house person looking to take the next step in their career. We are looking for an energetic, confident and self-motivated person who is able to work autonomously. Our clients are Australia’s best production companies and agencies, with this assistant position being a vital part of the company, supporting production to guide projects smoothly through the facility and maintaining the relaxed atmosphere our company is known for.
The production assistant role includes, but is not limited to:
* Working closely with the production team, assistant team and editors on all projects to ensure all parts of the production process run smoothly
* Maintaining accurate schedules and bookings for all projects within our scheduling system Farmer’s Wife
* Booking freelancers on projects where required
* Assisting the production team to set up quotes
* Prepping important client supplied materials on projects where required
* Invoicing projects at the end of a job
* Assisting the management of the editorial assistant team to ensure assistants are assigned to projects correctly, and the team is aware of upcoming project requirements
* Publishing a daily edit suite allocation document containing information for the day ahead in the office, including assistant start times, client arrival times and relevant project details
* Being an integral part of the building maintenance team, ensuring that any issues are flagged and dealt with as soon as possible
* Liaising with contractors responsible for building maintenance where required
* Logging and tracking project hard drives.
* Planning and executing events which take place quarterly
* Pro-actively communicating with producers and editors to ensure a smooth project workflow
* Willingness to stay late or work weekends as required
* Interest and aptitude in the art and craft of screen editing
* High levels of organisation and attention to detail
If you are a confident, organised, and enthusiastic person, who is relaxed under pressure and able to multi-task, we would love to meet with you. A driver’s license is ideal, but not essential. A keen interest in art, film, music, fashion, design, television & advertising would also be advantageous.
Please note this is a full time position located in Sydney and only applicants available to work in Sydney should apply.
Applications close May 26