The Project is looking for detail focused, experienced fact checkers to join our team on a casual basis. Attention to detail, and accuracy is essential.
If you thrive working in a fast paced environment, with challenging daily deadlines then please send us your resume and cover letter.
Successful candidates will –
· Have the ability to work in a high-pressure environment against daily deadlines with a calm and efficient demeanour, without compromising accuracy
· Have a detailed working knowledge of current national, social and political issues and public events
· Be equipped to advise the classification and legal advisers of any relevant issues arising, and to implement their advice where given
· Provide legal checks for news headlines – advise lawyer of any relevant issues and implement advice where necessary
· Comprehensively research subjects utilising primary (e.g. interviews and documentary evidence) and secondary sources (e.g. news media and internet) ensuring accuracy of content including verification and substantiation of facts (names, dates and events)
· Contribute to the editorial processes
Proficiency with the Network Ten Media Asset Management (MAM) and Electronic News Production System (ENPS) systems is preferred but not essential.
Applications close on Friday 17th March.