The Sunday Project & The Project are seeking a Segment Producer.
Start Date: January 2018
As a Segment Producer on The Project, you have the role of creating, researching and executing the various daily tape and interview segments on the show. You will have a strong and adaptable writing style, and the ability to eloquently produce content communicating key ideas and issues on a wide range of news and current affairs topics.
The role suits someone with the following attributes and skills:
· Tertiary degree in Journalism;
· Minimum of 3-4 years proven experience with news or current affairs content;
· Strong social / current affairs writing experience (examples will be required);
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment with daily deadlines;
· Creativity and inventiveness;
· Excellent time management and personal organisational skills;
· A clear and articulate communication style;
· A strong sense of direction and vision;
· A strong working knowledge of current social and political events and issues;
· A great sense of humour
The role requires but is not limited to:
· Generating original ideas and contribute to the editorial process;
· Scripting and creative production of daily editorial segments against challenging deadlines;
· Brief researchers, talent and crew (including Associate Producers, editors, graphics and field operators);
· Write comprehensive briefs and questions for recorded and live segments utilising primary and secondary sources;
· Greet on-air guests and brief them prior to their appearance on the program;
· Attend and contribute to daily show and production meetings;
Our ideal candidate will have an innate understanding of television journalism and production, whilst able to clearly articulate editorial ideas and issues creatively.
Strong writing skills and industry references are essential.
If all of the above sums you up – we want to hear from you!